Job Number: Field Service Engineer JD-#49
Reports to: Product Service Manager
Department: Field Service
Status: Full Time
Purpose of position
As a field service engineer I provide customers installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting support in the field. I ensure that procedures are adhered to on products in accordance with HVB instruction, whether it be by assisting utility companies or performing sole work. Primary benefits to Hitachi HVB include increasing customer relations by working directly with them, and providing revenue for Hitachi HVB in billing customers for work performed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Install HighVoltage Breakers and associated assemblies. Commission installed products to ensure factory specifications are met.
- Test High Voltage Equipment to include, megger, ductor, timing, travel, gas testing and CT Testing. Follow strict testing guidelines thatmeet industry or IEEE standards.
- Troubleshoot numerous types of mechanical and electrical operating systems. Able to work independently with little or no guidance from management.
- Able to keep a level head when dealing with agitated customers, high priority situations or when the projects are highly visible to company executives and local politicians.
- Must be familiar with OSHA work standards and company safety plan. Must follow onsite safety procedures with the strictest of detail. Able to passcustomers’ safety/loto tests. Must be able to obtain OSHA 10 and 30 certifications.
- Keep accurate records, expense reporting and maintain daily event log. Should be familiar with technical writing practices.
- Availability to travel at any time. 85% travel is mandatory. Emergency responses are common in the industry. Preparation of tools, equipment and personal gear is required.
Position Requirements (knowledge, skills and abilities required to perform satisfactorily in the position)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- ERP or JDE experience a plus.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Strongorganizational skills.
- Position requires OSHA Safety certification.
- Experience in a technical field (mechanical and electrical) with high school education or college degree in engineering.
- Knowledge of mechanical and electrical energy.
- Customer relationship skills (salesmen personality).
- Time and travel management with the ability to schedule your own travel.
- Ability to lift heavy objects and climb structures.
- Able to train people on installations and maintenance procedures.
- Strong troubleshooting skills to solve technical problems unassisted.
- Lifting up to 25 lbs
- Regular and reliable attendance
- English and grammar usage skills
- Reading/interpreting instructions
- Reaching, climbing, balancing
- Stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling
- Tasting and smelling
- Close vision
- Color vision
- Distance vision
- Climbing stairs
- Working outdoors
- Repetitive motion
- Local and overnight travel over 2/3 of time
Send resume (no calls) to: