Job Number: QA Engineer JD-#160
Reports to: VP Operations
Department: Quality Assurance
Status: Full Time
Purpose of position
The QA Engineer provides leadership to the QA function in the following areas; Production QC, Test administration and Supplier QC. This position also ensures effective collaboration in Engineering, Sales, Service, Production and Supply Chain initiatives for improving quality, cost, delivery and overall customer satisfaction.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide expertise and leadership to HTDS’ circuit breaker Test functions, test report administration and hosting customer witness testing. This leadership requires knowledge of electrical testing including wire hipot, current transformer saturation, timing test, high voltage hipot.
- Provide daily leadership for HTDS’ Production QC function which includes receiving inspection, administration of the FFR and VFR processes, implementation of FFR dispositions by Engineering and other tasks as assigned.
- Work closely with the QC & Compliance Manager to bring leadership to achieve the intention of our Quality Policy. Build and maintain a strong culture of continuous improvement with strong emphasis on proactive root cause analysis and corrective action solutions. Work to minimize all Loss Costs.
- Manage FFR and CCF programs in a timely manner. Work with QC & Compliance Manager, Production, Engineering and other groups as applicable to investigate and minimize FFR and CCF causes.
- Develop and maintain effective metrics to ensure performance is understood and optimized.
- Travel periodically to audit supplier compliance with HTDS’ SQAM system and/or for qualifying new suppliers
- Collaborate actively with Sales, Service, Engineering, Production and Supply Chain on projects to improve quality, service, cost, delivery and overall customer satisfaction.
- Participate in Lean activities to improve Production efficiency.
Position Requirements (knowledge, skills and abilities required to perform satisfactorily in the position)
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering required.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience with increasing responsibility leading QA functions in an engineer-to-order electrical equipment manufacturing environment, preferably substation equipment.
- Strong mechanical aptitude to support disposition and/or rework on non-conforming components.
- Demonstrated expertise in a continuous improvement culture with strong skills in root cause analysis and corrective action development.
- Strong quality auditing and audit documentation skills.
- Green belt training preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Strong Organizational Skills.
- Sitting for over 2/3 of time
- Lifting up to 25 lbs
- Regular and reliable attendance
- English and grammar usage skills
- Reading/interpreting instructions
- Close vision
- Travel overnight under 1/3 of time
Send resume (no calls) to: