Job Number: #123
Status: Full Time
Job Title: Senior Engineer – Gas Insulated Switchgear (GIS)
Job location: Suwanee, GA.
The Senior Engineer – Gas Insulated Switchgear position is responsible for effectively and efficiently supporting
applications, sales and service of Hitachi GIS products. This work is completed within the guidelines set forth by
Hitachi, and in accordance with IEEE and other national and international guidelines and practices.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as Hitachi T&D Solutions, Inc. expert for GIS technology in support of engineering, applications and sales.
- Develop responsive proposals for GIS opportunities. Coordinate and communicate RFP requirements to
Hitachi factories and other third parties for quotation. Develop necessary layout drawings and other
documentation supporting the RFP.
- Negotiate technical matters with the customer. Support Sales personnel with commercial negotiations.
- Provide timely expertise to assist development, implementation or resolution of matters involved in GIS
product instruction books and other product documentation, field service problems and warranty issues.
- Remain current with industry and competitive advances to assure the competitive position of HVB
products and technology. Make recommendations for Hitachi GIS product improvement.
- Assist Applications Engineering in their role of configuring orders per customer specifications. Support
other departments by quickly resolving technical issues.
- Serve as Hitachi T&D Solutions, Inc. technical point of contact for all GIS matters, including proposals, job execution, warranty
- Provide guidance to and mentor less experienced engineers and designers.
Position Requirements (knowledge, skills and abilities required to perform satisfactorily in the position)
- BS degree required, prefer EE or ME. MSEE strongly desired.
- 8-12 years progressive experience in a related sales or engineering role.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience specifically in application of Gas Insulated Switchgear equipment.
- Experience supporting an engineer-to-order manufacturing facility.
- Experience interpreting customer specifications.
- Understanding of industry and relevant IEEE/ANSI/IEC standards.
- Skilled in operation of 3D modeling and engineering analysis software.
- Able to manage multiple priorities, meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Able to effectively communicate up and down the organizational hierarchy.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Extremely detailed oriented.
- Strong understanding of manufacturing and cost drivers
- Maintain current knowledge of T&D technology, competitive advances and design tools.
- Sitting for over 2/3 of time
- Lifting up to 25 lbs
- Regular and reliable attendance
- English and grammar usage skills
- Reading/interpreting instructions
- Close vision
- Travel overnight under 1/3 oftime.
Send resume (no calls) to:
Hitachi, HVB, Inc.
7250 McGinnis Ferry Rd.
Suwanee, GA 30024