Job Number: US Field Services Sales Representative
Reports to: Service Director
Department: Field Services
Status: Full Time
Purpose of position
Hitachi T&D Solutions, Inc. is a premier international supplier of power electrical equipment including dead tank high voltage circuit breakers, gas insulated switchgear, transformers and generator main circuit breakers. The purpose of this position is to help grow the US Field Services business by cultivating customer relationships and aggressively pursuing market share.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ultimately responsible for achieving Orders, Sales and Margin targets for US Field Services.
- Supports the local Sales organization and reps to increase Field Services mindshare across North America while maintaining a full pipeline of opportunities. Monthly reports/updates required.
- Responsible for handling all inbound and outbound Sales communications (phone, email, web content, commercialization/promotional material) for Field Services.
- Assess and quantify potential market entry points.
- Identify and assess customer needs to ensure that we are in alignment.
- Ambitiously build target customer list for market penetration. Profitably grow and monitor market share.
- Represent Hitachi T&D, Inc. Field Services at industry trade shows to generate customers leads.
- Build sustainable relationships and trust with customer accounts through open and interactive communication.
- Performs lost proposal analysis, identifies potential causes and recommends future actions to achieve better results/higher hit rates.
- At times, help Field Services and Spare Parts Managers with quotes and preparing proposals.
- Assists management in creating sales plan and strategies, developing forecasts/budgets and operating plans.
Position Requirements (knowledge, skills and abilities required to perform satisfactorily in the position)
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- 3+ years of relevant experience in sales and a solid technical background with high voltage substation equipment and Field Services.
- Comfortable providing internal and external customer presentations.
- Must be a goal oriented, high energy individual with an entrepreneurial and competitive spirit.
- Demonstrated success of meeting/exceeding financial goals in similar industry.
- Travel should not exceed 40%.
- Sitting for over 2/3 of time
- Lifting up to 25 lbs
- Regular and reliable attendance
- English and grammar usage skills
- Reading/interpreting instructions
- Close vision
- Travel overnight under 1/3 of time
Send resume (no calls) to: